Just last Friday Marshmello and CHVRCHES dropped their latest hit song “Here With Me” and yesterday the official vertical music video was released. It’s nice to watch the visuals of Marshmello, Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty to see what instrumentation they each brought to the song. Watch the video in full on Spotify.
When the announcement came that Lauren Mayberry from CHVRCHES and Shirley Manson of Garbage would be holding a keynote conversation about music at SXSW we both jumped with joy. Although neither of us had the opportunity to attend this event in person we did watch the presentation. Whether you’re a fan of either band or music in general, this conversation was simply excellent!
Yesterday, Puja Patel hosted this wonderful conversation with Mayberry and Manson at the Hilton Austin Downtown as part of SXSW. The three chatted about everything from women in the music industry, the judgements they receive and the standards women are held to in the industry, their Scottish roots and being authentic, the impact of social media, discussion about the Me Too movement, diversity in the music industry and much more. This hour-long discussion was everything we had hoped it would be and sure we will refer back to it again and again. Thank you, Puja Patel, Lauren Mayberry and Shirley Manson for putting this important keynote conversation together.
The highly anticipated single “Here With Me” from EDM producer Marshmello and synthpop trio CHVRCHES is out now! After teasing some samples over the past week, we now have a full song to play on repeat. Lauren Mayberry’s voice glistens over the nice production and guitar work from Marshmello, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty. If you haven’t already, give it a listen below.
Celebrate this collaboration with a limited edition 7" vinyl or a shirt from Marshmello’s website.
Watch CHVRCHES Perform “Miracle” with The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra While Kicking Off BBC Scotland TV
As reported earlier this week, CHVRCHES recorded a new orchestral arrangement of their hit single “Miracle” with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra to kick off the new BBC Scotland TV channel. The video of this performance follows lead singer Lauren Mayberry while alternating between images of Scotland on the screens behind her and the performing orchestra with band-mates Iain Cook and Martin Doherty. Watch this beautiful rendition below.
We’re back with our fourth annual Lauren Mayberry (CHVRCHES) top ten moments of the year! Mayberry and her bandmate pals Iain Cook, Martin Doherty and Jonny Scott from CHVRCHES had quite a year in 2018 including a new album, a new EP, touring the world, new collaborations, philanthropic efforts and more! There have been countless great memories from this year but without further ado continue reading below to see our Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of 2018. Thank you for being such a great role model and inspiration to many.
10. CHVRCHES sponsor Whitburn Junior FC. The band stepped in to sponsor Iain Cook’s hometown junior team with a sharp looking away strip featuring the bands logo. Even more exciting was the collaboration between the band and team to put these jerseys on sale for a limited run to the public after the outpouring of interest from fans worldwide.
9. CHVRCHES team up with Soundwaves Art for a limited-edition print to support War Child UK. We thought this was such a neat and unique idea that combines both music and art while also helping those in need.
8. CHVRCHES left us in awe with their latest cover songs this year. Call us biased but they make some of the best cover songs out there with their own unique take on songs. This year the band dazzled us with covers of “Somebody Else” by The 1975, “XO” by Beyonce, “Stay” by Rihanna, “Love” by Kendrick Lamar and “The Downtown Lights” by The Blue Nile.
7. CHVRCHES were nominated for the 2018 iHeartRadio MMVA Best Rock Alternative Artist or Group this year. Although they didn’t win, they are still the winners in our hearts. One of these days the music industry will realize how great this band is and the awards will follow.
5. Lauren Mayberry and CHVRCHES worked on a variety of new collaborations in 2018. For the first time in the bands history they had a guest singer involved on the track “My Enemy” featuring their friend Matt Berninger of The National. Later in the year Mayberry joined The National on stage at ACL Festival for their song “Guilty Party”. In August CHVRCHES dropped a surprise single called “Out Of My Head” featuring Wednesday Campanella and Mayberry was featured on the new Death Cab for Cutie album Thank You for Today contributing some beautiful backing vocals on the track “Northern Lights”.
4. During the summer CHVRCHES made a stop in Berlin, Germany at the legendary Hansa Studios and recorded some beautiful acoustic renditions of tracks from Love Is Dead which was released digitally and on vinyl as the Hansa Session EP.
3. CHVRCHES made the rounds on national and international television shows throughout the year. Watch performances of “Get Out” on Sounds Like Friday Night, “Miracle” on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, “Get Out” and “Miracle” on ZDF Aspekte, “Miracle” and “The Mother We Share” on The Zoe Ball Show, “Get Out”, “Graves”, “Never Say Die” and “Graffiti” on Jimmy Kimmel Live and “Miracle” on The Ellen Show.
2. CHVRCHES stepped in to sponsor the Girls Rock Glasgow Summer School. Being a patron for the school allowed the camp to proceed with plans and offer more places than ever before. The band continues to support these efforts at local Girls Rock locations throughout the world when they tour by teaming up with PLUS1 to donate $1 from every concert ticket sold. It’s heartwarming to see the band work with so many different organizations to help others through charity, donations, sponsorship's and more.
1. It probably comes as no surprise that our number one Lauren Mayberry (CHVRCHES) moment of 2018 was the release of CHVRCHES’ third album Love Is Dead on May 25, 2018.
Thank you to Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook, Martin Doherty, Jonny Scott and everyone mentioned above for all the great memories and all your hard work! With a memorable year coming to a close we now look forward to another great year in 2019!
Last night Lauren Mayberry of CHVRCHES made a guest appearance with Death Cab for Cutie at The Anthem in Washington DC to sing “Northern Lights”. Mayberry provided the backing vocals for this track on Death Cab for Cutie’s latest album Thank You for Today and previously joined the band on stage for “Brothers on a Hotel Bed” a few times back in 2016. Watch this new performance in the video below.
Two nights ago, at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee CHVRCHES welcomed opening band Lo Moon back to the stage for a beautiful cover of The Blue Nile’s hit song “The Downtown Lights”. This was the very first time the bands had covered this song and it was amazing! Watch the performance in the video below and tell us how many times you hit the replay button.
Yesterday Lauren Mayberry of CHVRCHES made a surprise appearance at ACL Festival to perform “Guilty Party” with The National. Both bands have previously made appearances with each other. Check out the latest in the video below and catch CHVRCHES at ACL Festival today.