Yesterday it was announced that “Graffiti” by CHVRCHES has been added to Rock Band 4 which also coincides with the release of their new music video for this track. Rock Band 4 is available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 while “Graffiti” can be purchased individually for $1.49 for the first two weeks of release and then will be priced at $1.99. Watch a short sample below and get ready to play along with CHVRCHES!
This past weekend Xbox unveiled the Forza Horizon 4 soundtrack on Spotify which includes “Never Say Die” by CHVRCHES! The band previously appeared on the Forza Horizon 2 soundtrack with “The Mother We Share” and also on the Forza Horizon 3 soundtrack with “Bury It” and “Clearest Blue”.
The fourth installment of this popular racing game is due out October 2, 2018 on Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. Until then enjoy the soundtrack of Forza Horizon 4 below.
Our third annual Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of the year is here! Thank you for being such a great role model and inspiration to many. It becomes increasingly difficult to pick just ten of our favorite moments each year but without further ado continue reading below to see our Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of 2017.
10. Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty of CHVRCHES began working on their third album on February 7, 2017. While the finishing touches are being done now, Lauren did recently reveal the first details about the new album which we’re incredibly excited to hear in 2018. In the interview with EW, Mayberry said, “When I listen to the record, I feel like it’s the most pop stuff we’ve done and also the most aggressive and vulnerable at the same time. It was about really leaning into those moments — and also wanting there to be a real humanity and character to what we’re saying.”
9. CHVRCHES’ music was featured in the video game Chime Sharp and the music mixing game DropMix.
8. While visiting family and friends back home in Scotland, Lauren joined Paramore and a fan on stage for “Misery Business” at a show in Edinburgh.
7. Lauren and CHVRCHES co-producer pal David Simpson wrote and performed a song called “Ballad For A Friend” which was featured in the Funny Or Die mini-series The Real Stephen Blatt starring Justin Long.
6. CHVRCHES delivered a dreamy cover of Tegan and Sara’s “Call It Off” for The Con: X.
4. CHVRCHES released a beautiful new stripped-down version of “Down Side of Me” that was included in the 7 Inches for Planned Parenthood project benefiting the charity Planned Parenthood along with a new music video directed by actress Kristen Stewart.
3. After five wonderful years TYCI closed its doors. A collective run by women (founded by Lauren Mayberry) who care about things put together everything from a blog, live events, podcasts, radio shows, zines and more! We were sad to see them go but we certainly enjoyed many of their discussions and learned a lot. Thank you to everyone involved with TYCI.
2. CHVRCHES appeared in Archie Comics new series The Archies. A cameo appearance in issue #2 followed by the cover and more in-depth storylines in issue #3 where the band offered advice to the fledgling new band from Riverdale.
Thank you to Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook, Martin Doherty and everyone mentioned above for all the great memories and all your hard work! With another memorable year coming to a close we now look forward to 2018 and the release of CHVRCHES third album!
Lauren Mayberry and CHVRCHES co-producer pal David Simpson recently wrote and performed a song called, “Ballad For A Friend” for the soundtrack of a new Funny Or Die mini-series called The Real Stephen Blatt starring Justin Long.
Per Tony Stopperan, “The Real Stephen Blatt documents the rise to "Influencer" fame for unpopular 17-year old Stephen Blatt (Justin Long) after an accidental viral Instagram video. Documentary interviews and flashbacks illuminate Stephen's quest for the validation of internet celebrity and the relationships with his friends and family he destroys to achieve it.”
Watch season one of The Real Stephen Blatt on Funny Or Die or Amazon Prime Video.
Marvel Entertainment’s third episode of The Mighty Captain Marvel features “Keep You On My Side” by CHVRCHES! This series of videos aims to reach comic book fans about this exciting new superhero through commentary from the creators. Watch the video below to learn more about Carol Danver’s return as The Mighty Captain Marvel and take in the music from our superheroes CHVRCHES.
The Mighty Captain Marvel #4 is available now at your local comic book stores and digitally through Marvel.
CHVRCHES’ hit single “The Mother We Share” will be featured in the music mixing game DropMix due out this September from Harmonix and Hasbro. Details from Harmonix call DropMix, “a fast-paced music mixing game where players create one of a kind mixes by playing cards featuring hit songs from award-winning artists.” Click here to learn more about this exciting new music game and watch the official trailer below.
A new music puzzle game called Chime Sharp, the sequel to 2010’s Chime features the song Science/Visions by CHVRCHES! For a closer look at the gameplay of this Tetris styled video game take a look at the early access trailer followed by a stirring live performance of Science/Visions in the videos below. Originally only available on Steam last year, the game can now be purchased on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Bonafont water is celebrating their 25th anniversary with new bottles and designs by Lourdes Villagómez. To celebrate the occasion a new television commercial is in rotation which just happens to feature the song “Clearest Blue” by CHVRCHES! Check out the television commercial below.
We’re back with our second annual Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of the year and just like last year this was considerably difficult to narrow down our list to just ten. We had such a hard time that we actually have ten plus one which we will call 10B for a bonus. Certainly, a memorable year including highlights from CHVRCHES, TYCI, awards, cover songs, philanthropy and more! Without further ado continue reading below to see our Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of 2016.
10B. Enjoying some free time in the big apple after CHVRCHES wrapped up their tour Lauren appeared on Greg Barris’ variety show “Heart of Darkness” in November. During the show Lauren was interviewed by Greg and also covered songs by Don Henley, Ben Folds Five and Miley Cyrus.
10A. TYCI was a little quieter in 2016 but they were honored as part of the inaugural We Got Tickets INDIE50. This influential list of 50 winners were recognized as the best in the UK’s independent and local music scenes. Keep any eye on TYCI in 2017 for the relaunch of their zine and more!
9. During a stretch of five co-headlining shows between CHVRCHES and Death Cab for Cutie in June, Lauren twice joined the latter on stage for “Brothers on a Hotel Bed” and reprised this song once again at Firefly Festival. Also of interest, proceeds from the show in Charlotte were pledged to LGBT rights organizations Freedom Center for Social Justice and Southerners On New Ground (SONG) in response to North Carolina’s discriminatory bathroom law, House Bill 2, otherwise known as the “bathroom bill”.
8. In May, CHVRCHES released a new track called “Warning Call” for the theme song of the video game Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. We’re still crossing our fingers to hear this one played live someday.
7. In December, Lauren participated in The Ally Coalition’s third annual talent show to benefit LGBTQ homeless youth in New York City. During the show, Lauren covered songs by Joni Mitchell and Katy Perry followed by a fun group sing along to Fleetwood Mac’s “Go Your Own Way”.
6. CHVRCHES’ “Clearest Blue” music video made its debut on MTV February 19th. A beautiful video directed by Warren Fu.
5. CHVRCHES’ philanthropy continued with support for WaterAid and Oxfam Stand As One campaigns. Contributions included a CHVRCHES limited edition water bottle and a live compilation album recorded at Glastonbury Festival.
4. CHVRCHES reunited with Hayley Williams of Paramore for “Bury It”. Back in March CHVRCHES joined Paramore on the Parahoy cruise, reprised the performance once again at Bonnaroo in June and then became animated super heroes in the official music video created by artist friend Jamie McKelvie with animation by Mighty Nice.
3. CHVRCHES’ Every Open Eye was nominated for the SAY Award longlist and shortlist. Although we certainly thought they were going to win it this time heartbreakingly they didn’t. Martin Doherty’s father was on hand to accept the shortlist nomination while the band was on the road touring.
2. Lauren Mayberry and Denise Mina spearheaded a fundraiser for Glasgow Rape Crisis Centre’s 40th anniversary. Funds are being raised to cut waiting lists and increase drop-in sessions to help victims of sexual abuse receive the support they need.
1. Our number one Lauren Mayberry moment of 2016 was CHVRCHES’ homecoming gig at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow. Speaking to the Daily Record, Martin Doherty said, “We used to drive back from the studio on the southside and we would see it and joke about doing it on album two. I’d like to stress that we were joking. It wasn’t like we had that masterplan. Maybe in the back of our minds it was a proper dream.” Iain Cook added, “The prevailing sentiment is pride. Getting to play to that many people in your hometown is humbling. If you had said to us three or four years ago, that we would be playing a venue that size in our hometown, we wouldn’t have believed it.” Well dreams do sometimes come true and Glasgow certainly welcomed their hometown heroes to a near capacity crowd at the SSE Hydro on April 2, 2016.
Thank you for all the great memories, your philanthropy and all your hard work Lauren! We say it a lot but you do truly inspire all of us in many ways. With a memorable year coming to a close we now look forward to 2017.
Video game enthusiasts CHVRCHES have two of their songs from the album Every Open Eye featured in the soundtrack of auto racing video game Forza Horizon 3 due out in stores today. “Bury It” and “Clearest Blue” are included in the latest installment of this popular racing game following up Forza Horizon 2 which featured “The Mother We Share” from CHVRCHES’ debut album The Bones of What You Believe. Happy racing!