The highly anticipated single “Here With Me” from EDM producer Marshmello and synthpop trio CHVRCHES is out now! After teasing some samples over the past week, we now have a full song to play on repeat. Lauren Mayberry’s voice glistens over the nice production and guitar work from Marshmello, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty. If you haven’t already, give it a listen below.
Celebrate this collaboration with a limited edition 7" vinyl or a shirt from Marshmello’s website.
We’re back with our fourth annual Lauren Mayberry (CHVRCHES) top ten moments of the year! Mayberry and her bandmate pals Iain Cook, Martin Doherty and Jonny Scott from CHVRCHES had quite a year in 2018 including a new album, a new EP, touring the world, new collaborations, philanthropic efforts and more! There have been countless great memories from this year but without further ado continue reading below to see our Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of 2018. Thank you for being such a great role model and inspiration to many.
10. CHVRCHES sponsor Whitburn Junior FC. The band stepped in to sponsor Iain Cook’s hometown junior team with a sharp looking away strip featuring the bands logo. Even more exciting was the collaboration between the band and team to put these jerseys on sale for a limited run to the public after the outpouring of interest from fans worldwide.
9. CHVRCHES team up with Soundwaves Art for a limited-edition print to support War Child UK. We thought this was such a neat and unique idea that combines both music and art while also helping those in need.
8. CHVRCHES left us in awe with their latest cover songs this year. Call us biased but they make some of the best cover songs out there with their own unique take on songs. This year the band dazzled us with covers of “Somebody Else” by The 1975, “XO” by Beyonce, “Stay” by Rihanna, “Love” by Kendrick Lamar and “The Downtown Lights” by The Blue Nile.
7. CHVRCHES were nominated for the 2018 iHeartRadio MMVA Best Rock Alternative Artist or Group this year. Although they didn’t win, they are still the winners in our hearts. One of these days the music industry will realize how great this band is and the awards will follow.
5. Lauren Mayberry and CHVRCHES worked on a variety of new collaborations in 2018. For the first time in the bands history they had a guest singer involved on the track “My Enemy” featuring their friend Matt Berninger of The National. Later in the year Mayberry joined The National on stage at ACL Festival for their song “Guilty Party”. In August CHVRCHES dropped a surprise single called “Out Of My Head” featuring Wednesday Campanella and Mayberry was featured on the new Death Cab for Cutie album Thank You for Today contributing some beautiful backing vocals on the track “Northern Lights”.
4. During the summer CHVRCHES made a stop in Berlin, Germany at the legendary Hansa Studios and recorded some beautiful acoustic renditions of tracks from Love Is Dead which was released digitally and on vinyl as the Hansa Session EP.
3. CHVRCHES made the rounds on national and international television shows throughout the year. Watch performances of “Get Out” on Sounds Like Friday Night, “Miracle” on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, “Get Out” and “Miracle” on ZDF Aspekte, “Miracle” and “The Mother We Share” on The Zoe Ball Show, “Get Out”, “Graves”, “Never Say Die” and “Graffiti” on Jimmy Kimmel Live and “Miracle” on The Ellen Show.
2. CHVRCHES stepped in to sponsor the Girls Rock Glasgow Summer School. Being a patron for the school allowed the camp to proceed with plans and offer more places than ever before. The band continues to support these efforts at local Girls Rock locations throughout the world when they tour by teaming up with PLUS1 to donate $1 from every concert ticket sold. It’s heartwarming to see the band work with so many different organizations to help others through charity, donations, sponsorship's and more.
1. It probably comes as no surprise that our number one Lauren Mayberry (CHVRCHES) moment of 2018 was the release of CHVRCHES’ third album Love Is Dead on May 25, 2018.
Thank you to Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook, Martin Doherty, Jonny Scott and everyone mentioned above for all the great memories and all your hard work! With a memorable year coming to a close we now look forward to another great year in 2019!
As we reported last Sunday, CHVRCHES will be releasing a new EP called Hansa Session on 10” vinyl next month but you can stream it online now! This EP features five beautiful acoustic renditions from tracks off their third album Love Is Dead. Check out a snippet of each song below from Spotify or click here to listen on your favorite music streaming service.
Hansa Session Tracklist:
03. Get Out
05. Really Gone
Earlier this summer CHVRCHES made a stop in Berlin, Germany to record an acoustic session reworking a few tracks from Love Is Dead at the legendary Hansa Studios. Hansa Session 10” EP will be released through Glassnote Records on December 14, 2018 featuring five tracks. This limited-edition vinyl EP of 5,000 copies will be available at select record stores and online retailers and also available digitally this coming Friday, November 16th. If you have heard some of their recent radio station acoustic sessions the band has been doing then we’re in for a treat with this recording. Pre-order and pre-save directly through CHVRCHES.
Hansa Session Tracklist:
03. Get Out
05. Really Gone
CHVRCHES have dropped a nostalgic new music video for “Graffiti”, the first track off Love Is Dead. This coming of age song reflects on growing up only to find that things don’t always turn out the way you thought they would. Check out the Rare Henderson directed video below and let us know how much you love it.
A few weeks ago, CHVRCHES teased on their social channels that they had just recorded something secret and today it has been revealed as a new single called “Out Of My Head” featuring J-Pop sensation Kom_I of the band Wednesday Campanella. A fun back and forth between Lauren Mayberry and Kom_I ensue in their native languages on this track. Give it a spin below and let us know what you think.
CHVRCHES just dropped the official music video for “Miracle”, the fourth single off Love Is Dead initially released on April 10, 2018. Following the bands journey in a post-apocalyptic setting seeking something positive while trapped in a dark place lead singer Lauren Mayberry sings:
“Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies
Careful what you wish for
We're looking for angels in the darkest of skies
Saying that we wanted more
I feel like I'm falling, but I'm trying to fly
Where does all the good go?
We're looking for answers in the highest of highs
But will we ever, ever know?”
Watch the video for “Miracle” directed by Warren Fu and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below or on our social pages.
Premiered on BBC Radio 1 earlier today, Annie Mac’s hottest record of the day is “Miracle”, the fourth track off CHVRCHES’ upcoming third album Love Is Dead. Prepare yourself for another synth-pop earworm from from Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty produced by Steve Mac. Give it a listen below and check it out on your favorite streaming service available at midnight tonight local times.
Pre-order Love Is Dead here: https://chvrches.lnk.to/LoveIsDead