A few weeks ago, CHVRCHES teased on their social channels that they had just recorded something secret and today it has been revealed as a new single called “Out Of My Head” featuring J-Pop sensation Kom_I of the band Wednesday Campanella. A fun back and forth between Lauren Mayberry and Kom_I ensue in their native languages on this track. Give it a spin below and let us know what you think.
CHVRCHES just dropped the official music video for “Miracle”, the fourth single off Love Is Dead initially released on April 10, 2018. Following the bands journey in a post-apocalyptic setting seeking something positive while trapped in a dark place lead singer Lauren Mayberry sings:
“Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies
Careful what you wish for
We're looking for angels in the darkest of skies
Saying that we wanted more
I feel like I'm falling, but I'm trying to fly
Where does all the good go?
We're looking for answers in the highest of highs
But will we ever, ever know?”
Watch the video for “Miracle” directed by Warren Fu and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below or on our social pages.
Premiered on BBC Radio 1 earlier today, Annie Mac’s hottest record of the day is “Miracle”, the fourth track off CHVRCHES’ upcoming third album Love Is Dead. Prepare yourself for another synth-pop earworm from from Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty produced by Steve Mac. Give it a listen below and check it out on your favorite streaming service available at midnight tonight local times.
Pre-order Love Is Dead here: https://chvrches.lnk.to/LoveIsDead
CHVRCHES’ third single off Love Is Dead titled “Never Say Die” was just dropped online. As our title indicates the production on this song is massive and has an infectious yet simple chorus. Give it a listen below or available now on your favorite music streaming service.
Pre-order Love Is Dead here: https://chvrches.lnk.to/LoveIsDead
Over the past few weeks CHVRCHES have been teasing some sort of collaboration with Matt Berninger of The National who was also spotted in the recent music video for “Get Out”, the lead single off their third album Love Is Dead. Minutes ago, “My Enemy” featuring Berninger was premiered on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 radio show. Berninger and Lauren Mayberry combine for a great one-two punch trading verses and chorus on this ambient track. Give it a listen and let us know what you think in the comments below or on our social pages.
Per Mayberry, this self-produced (CHVRCHES) track was initially set up for Martin Doherty to sing the verses. Upon his discomfort in singing a duet with Mayberry the band enlisted the help of friend Berninger. It remains to be seen if this song will be added to CHVRCHES’ setlist or exclusively played at festivals where both bands are scheduled to perform. It would seem to be a good fit for Doherty to cover Berninger’s vocals should they play this live at CHVRCHES shows but only time will tell.
Mayberry previously joined The National on stage at Latitude Festival in 2016 for their song “I Need My Girl”.
Earlier today Annie Mac premiered “Get Out”, the lead single off CHVRCHES’ third album as Annie’s hottest record in the world this week. The wait is over and the CHV3 era has begun! If you haven’t heard it yet or want to listen a few more times hit the play button below and enjoy. Let us know what you think in the comments below or on our social pages.
Also, if you spotted it in the video a toll-free phone number is displayed. Ring up 1-800-674-3364 and listen to a spooky recording from Lauren Mayberry.
The wait for CHVRCHES’ third album is almost over. After the band deleted all posts from their social channels last night they have teased the first single “Get Out” this morning. A link with the text, “Get In” leads you to the bands Facebook messenger presumably as some sort of signup for future announcements. The first reply via messenger displays the image above.
In the teaser video below singer Lauren Mayberry draws a heart with an X through it on a mirror as the sweet synth sounds build in the background. Let us know what you think of the new teaser in the comments below or on our social channels.
Our third annual Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of the year is here! Thank you for being such a great role model and inspiration to many. It becomes increasingly difficult to pick just ten of our favorite moments each year but without further ado continue reading below to see our Lauren Mayberry top ten moments of 2017.
10. Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty of CHVRCHES began working on their third album on February 7, 2017. While the finishing touches are being done now, Lauren did recently reveal the first details about the new album which we’re incredibly excited to hear in 2018. In the interview with EW, Mayberry said, “When I listen to the record, I feel like it’s the most pop stuff we’ve done and also the most aggressive and vulnerable at the same time. It was about really leaning into those moments — and also wanting there to be a real humanity and character to what we’re saying.”
9. CHVRCHES’ music was featured in the video game Chime Sharp and the music mixing game DropMix.
8. While visiting family and friends back home in Scotland, Lauren joined Paramore and a fan on stage for “Misery Business” at a show in Edinburgh.
7. Lauren and CHVRCHES co-producer pal David Simpson wrote and performed a song called “Ballad For A Friend” which was featured in the Funny Or Die mini-series The Real Stephen Blatt starring Justin Long.
6. CHVRCHES delivered a dreamy cover of Tegan and Sara’s “Call It Off” for The Con: X.
4. CHVRCHES released a beautiful new stripped-down version of “Down Side of Me” that was included in the 7 Inches for Planned Parenthood project benefiting the charity Planned Parenthood along with a new music video directed by actress Kristen Stewart.
3. After five wonderful years TYCI closed its doors. A collective run by women (founded by Lauren Mayberry) who care about things put together everything from a blog, live events, podcasts, radio shows, zines and more! We were sad to see them go but we certainly enjoyed many of their discussions and learned a lot. Thank you to everyone involved with TYCI.
2. CHVRCHES appeared in Archie Comics new series The Archies. A cameo appearance in issue #2 followed by the cover and more in-depth storylines in issue #3 where the band offered advice to the fledgling new band from Riverdale.
Thank you to Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook, Martin Doherty and everyone mentioned above for all the great memories and all your hard work! With another memorable year coming to a close we now look forward to 2018 and the release of CHVRCHES third album!
Lauren Mayberry and CHVRCHES co-producer pal David Simpson recently wrote and performed a song called, “Ballad For A Friend” for the soundtrack of a new Funny Or Die mini-series called The Real Stephen Blatt starring Justin Long.
Per Tony Stopperan, “The Real Stephen Blatt documents the rise to "Influencer" fame for unpopular 17-year old Stephen Blatt (Justin Long) after an accidental viral Instagram video. Documentary interviews and flashbacks illuminate Stephen's quest for the validation of internet celebrity and the relationships with his friends and family he destroys to achieve it.”
Watch season one of The Real Stephen Blatt on Funny Or Die or Amazon Prime Video.
CHVRCHES just shared a beautiful new version of their Every Open Eye track “Down Side of Me” this morning. This stripped-down version will be part of the 7-Inches for Planned Parenthood project benefiting the charity Planned Parenthood. The track also includes a new music video directed by actress Kristen Stewart.
In a press release, Lauren Mayberry said, “‘Down Side of Me’ was not written specifically for this project but I really like how the lyrics can be interpreted in a way that supports the goal of the project as a whole. We should all be able to have faith that our governments are working in our best interests—and if they aren’t then, they should be challenged and held to account. ‘I’ll believe that you’re all that you said you would be.’”
“We have always tried to be socially aware and to link in with organizations whose work we support. Planned Parenthood is an incredibly important resource for so many women (and men) in America and the fact that Planned Parenthood has come under so much fire in the current political climate does not sit well with us. Now is not the time to stay quiet, and if artists want to help by raising money or awareness for causes that we believe in, then I think that they should.”
Watch the stirring video below.
“Down Side of Me” is available now digitally from iTunes and Spotify. Click here to pre-order the 7-Inches for Planned Parenthood vinyl box set. Planned Parenthood will receive 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the box set and streaming listens.